This video tutorial will walk you step-by-step through the Meta Quest setup process. There are two steps you'll want to take in order for your device to be ready for registration:
Steps to enable Developer Mode (now known as Debug Mode) on the device
If you haven't already, sign up to be a Meta Quest developer. This only needs to be done once per Meta account. If you're already using a Meta Quest developer account, skip to step 2!
Enable Developer Mode using the Meta Quest App on your phone.
On your phone (iOS or Android device), open the Meta Quest app;
Navigate to the Menu tab;
Locate the Devices icon;
Find your device and select it. If you can't find your device, click on the drop-down menu in the top right of your Meta Quest app and select the device from there;
Look below for a section titled Manage Your Device;
Continue down the screen until you see a green gear icon titled Headset Settings;
Tap Developer Mode and toggle Debug Mode on;
👀 A quick video of this process can be found here 👀
The Device Setup Tool will now recognize your device when you plug it into your computer.
Steps to remove all Android accounts
These steps are required for all Meta Firmware v28+.
1. Launch the Device Setup Tool and plug your device into your computer.
2. The device status will read Not Authorized. You need to authorize your computer to connect from within the headset. Inside the headset, you will have two separate popups you must accept. The first will allow USB debugging - be sure to select Always Allow for this option. For the second popup, you will want to click Allow to give permission for your computer to access files on the device.
3. The device status should now read Requires Preparation. If it doesn't, refresh your device using the Device Setup Tool.
4. Put on your headset now to find a special settings menu. (If the special settings menu is not open, click the kebab menu and select Open Device Settings). If it still doesn't show, reboot the device and repeat steps 1 - 4.
5. Scroll down and click on the Accounts option (this could also be Passwords and Accounts, depending on your device's firmware version).
6. Remove all accounts from the device. There will be a Meta and a Facebook account. In some cases, there may be other accounts on this list, and you must remove those as well. This process does not remove the Meta/Facebook account from your device; it's only removing an Android account called Meta and Facebook, which then frees up the device so that you can add ManageXR. When you reboot the headset, a Meta and Facebook Android account is automatically re-added to the device. Once all of the accounts are removed, immediately move on to the next step.
To turn off WiFi, (1) access quick settings menu > (2) click WiFi > (3) toggle off WiFi.
7. In the Device Setup Tool, click Refresh Device.
8. The device status should now read Ready for Install.
9. Click Install.
Your device is now ready to be registered on ManageXR 🎉
It is possible that the accounts you've removed reappear after a short period of time. If this is the case, simply reboot your device and try this step again. If this continues to happen, be sure you're not waiting too long between removing the account, refreshing the device inside the tool, and clicking Install.
In later Quest firmware versions, the confirmation popup (which is supposed to appear after clicking Remove Account) sometimes does not render properly and shows as a semi-transparent box. In this case, you need to click where the confirmation would be (it's clickable even though it's not showing up properly). Check the picture below or click here to view a video of this process.
Need more help?
Talk to a member of our team using the chat bubble (in the bottom right of your screen), or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org